The Empire Hotel

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1913
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The Empire (Private) Hotel at Frankton Junction opened on the 1st of February 1913. It was located on the corner of High Street and Empire Street with its front entrance facing High Street and the railway line. As described in newspaper advertising, the three-storey fireproof concrete house had 60 beautifully furnished rooms, electric light (as of April 1913), first-class cuisine and hot and cold baths. The original proprietors were Mr and Mrs James William Graham.
Secondary production person and role
P Thackrah
P Thackrah
Accession number
HCL_00965

Colours

Object type

Part of 2 highlight sets

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.