"Tower Hill"

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1924
See full details

Object Detail


Description
This postcard shows the junction of Ward Street, Tainui Street and Seddon Road and the Frankton water tower on Lake Road. To the left of the tower is Tirohia nursing home. In 1926 it became Braemar Hospital. The house in the centre was named 'Punawai' and was once the home of Thomas Maunder. From this postcard we can see that the area was referred to as "Tower Hill".
Accession number
HCL_00804

Colours

Subject auto tags

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.