Pomeroy's workshop

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa Oct 1905
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Along right of way beside Maunders small building leased to Henry Gaze (photographer) this was P S Philpott's business purchased by J Pomeroy c. Oct 1905. Note Philpott's name is painted out and Pomeroy has new signs above the alley-way between buildings. Both sets of signs state: Coachbuilder & Wheelwright. Above alley: Horses well shod; Vehicles repaired & painted. On buildingsliding door: All farmers [sic] Implements & vehicles made & repaired.

Photographed from roof of building in front, toilet cisterns on front building visible, delivery cart of E J Davey sits in yard. Four men pose for photo - three workers and one young man in suit (Arthur Maunder?)
Accession number
HCL_16634

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.