West End Furnishing House, Hamilton
Photograph Production date
Circa 1930 See full details
This image is of the West End Furnishing House at the north end of Victoria Street in Hamilton, New Zealand. Listed in 1929 telephone directory as 403 Victoria Street with T Kirk as the proprietor, this building was next from the corner of Victoria and Princes streets, although it is possible this building was on the corner with 401 in the small shop on the left. The 1939 Directory quotes 'Trader's Furnishers - NW Blackie Mgr'. In 1964 the street numbers for Victoria Street were reallocated and this location is now around number 897. The building was originally owned by CE Jones, Furniture Manufacturer (see HCL_11586).
Be the first to comment.