The New Zealand Co-operative Dairy Company Limited (NZCDC)

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1930
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The New Zealand Co-operative Dairy Company Limited factory in Frankton. The Waikato Co-Operative Dairy Company opened the complex in 1913. In 1919 they merged with other dairies to become "The New Zealand co-operative Dairy Company Limited. (NZCDC). It was next to Norton Road and off Goodfellow Lane. Producing butter and other dairy products, they also produced wooden boxes, casein and tins for the transport of their products. There is a small battery powered steeple cab shunting locomotive at the right near the white gates and the lines of the main railway are at the left.
Accession number
HCL_09910

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.