Ingleholm on O'Neill Street
Photograph Production date
Circa 1917 See full details
Ingleholm was the home of Frederick Charles Daniell, an architect who lived and worked in Hamilton from 1908 to 1935. The house, built through 1910-1911, is an example of the Arts and Crafts style and was the city's first to be made of camerated concrete. This photograph shows the southwest side of the house, the side facing George Street. There was a tennis court where the photograph was taken from. FC Daniell designed hundreds of Waikato houses and numerous notable buildings including St Andrew's Presbyterian Church on the corner of Te Aroha Street and River Road; the former Waikato County Council building on the northwest corner of Grey Street and Clyde Street; and the Wesley Chambers on the southern corner of Victoria Street and Collingwood Street
Maker and role
George Cartwright, Photographer
Secondary production person and role
Be the first to comment.